Who is Vulnerable
Who Among Refugees is Exceptionally Vulnerable?
Over 11.5 million refugees have been forced to flee their homelands in search of safety due to persecution, violence, and genocide. For the majority of these refugees, their only viable choice is to flee to refugee camps where most of them will spend years or decades, unable to return home.
Among those displaced, certain refugees need our protection urgently because they are too vulnerable to remain in their host country even after they have fled. These include:
- Sexual and gender minorities
- Children and unaccompanied minors
- Minorities at risk of renewed attack
- Victims of torture and rape
- Pregnant women
- Victims of human trafficking
- The disabled and the elderly
- Persons with life-threatening illness
ORAM is providing refugee stakeholders with the tools to protect the most vulnerable among these refugees.